Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I became a Sky broadband cystomer a year ago but didn't change

Customer Question

I became a Sky broadband cystomer a year ago but didn't change over my email account from Virginmedia. Now I've received an email from Virgin saying they are going to cut me off. Of course I would much prefer to have 'sky' in my email address but how do I change over? I have four accounts:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Plus another account that receives all emails.
Category: Email
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

If i understood right, you have 4 e-mail accounts on which you receive e-mail and because you are no longer virgin's customer, they are going to deactivate your e-mail. You would like to change your e-mail address? Are all 4 with virgin?

Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and do the new e-mail setup - The remote service will be an additional service for $44 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue. (while you watch on your screen).

If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Kamil

Can we get the money situation sorted out first. I do not wish to pay more than the £35 I agreed to pay to sort out my one problem. I do not want any other help. can you please confirm that I am not signed up for any other payment.

Thanks,

Mary

Hi Mary

I am a tech only, do not know if you subscribed to anything.

However, the amount you paid for asking this question is displayed on your question.

Remote service is optional, you take it for a quicker and better resolution to your problems. Otherwise, for the amount you paid, you will be assisted in the question/answer mode.

Hope that clears.
You can find out about subscription and billing by emailing [email protected]
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
KAMIL ASKED ME TO CONFIRM THAT MY FOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS ARE WITH VIRGIN. I CONFIRMED THAT THEY ARE BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN.
You need to reply to me here, i did not receive any response.

Are all 4 accounts going to be closed?

You'r options are as follows:

Create a new account, that could be sky or gmail, with sky you will then have to stay with sky, and run into this problem again when you switch in future, so i prefer gmail.

Then, import all emails from all 4 accounts into Gmail, until it is closed and notify all contacts to send emails to your 1 Gmail Account.

Would you like to go ahead with this setting?