Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Outlook on my husband's imac is constantly telling him to update

Customer Question

Outlook on my husband's imac is constantly telling him to update the browser . The snag with that is that we cannot remember the log-on password.
Also, with your help, (for which much thanks) the BT email was set up on my MAC)laptop . It took its usual 48 hours to work through but now, although it says the password ***** ***** for my "BTID" it refuses access to the e-mails
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
Is this a new issue or has it never worked correctly in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has worked ok in the past. It may be linked to the frequent instructions to update but the Safari on that is the same as in the laptop - which works ok.

Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://www.jasonfixedit.com/nick

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jason, sorry to take so long. It's been a combination of not being well myself and looking after my grandchildren. I WILL give you a rating and finish up the questions in a day or 2 when I feel more with-it. Regards, Jill

Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Jason, Our problem now is an ever-recurring one with BT. It works fine for a while and then stops recognising the password. I go through the long bother to change ther password ***** then it does it again. It takes 48 hours each time after a password ***** before it will accept it.

Hello Nick,
That was part of the problem last time. The wrong password ***** being entered.
Do you need me to remote in once more?