Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

I've had my computer hacked! I've been chasing Yahoo for help

Customer Question

I've had my computer hacked!
I've been chasing Yahoo for help for two weeks now, without a response!!
I've lost my e-mails from my INBOX, it sates NO MAIL; the same with my sent box and no spam or trash exists...ALL are empty!
I cannot send or receive e-mails having got family to send me some tests; nor are the e-mails I send as tests recorded in my 'SENT' box.
Help Please!
Jack
Category: Email
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Before we begin, I would like to make sure you understand that Just Answer is not affiliated with any service provider or manufacturer and we do not have control over their systems. Our ability to fix issues like this are therefore very limited and I ask that you take that into consideration before leaving a negative rating. Also keep in mind that some product-related problems are not "fixable" and the appropriate answer may include directing you to an authorized service center for your product. If I am not able to help you, you can request a refund at http://www.justanswer.com/refund . Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected.

Wes :

One of the things you can look into while you are waiting for a response from Yahoo is to check the Filters and Forwarding areas of the Yahoo Mail website and make sure that the hacker didn't set a filter to dump all incoming e-mail to trash. Any e-mail the hacker deleted may well be gone forever, but only Yahoo will be able to say for certain because I don't know off hand what their recovery capabilities are. Another thing we can try if you have access to your account is I can try to do a remote assistance session with you and see if I can find anything in the user-side account settings that may be causing the problem.

Wes :

I see you've disconnected. When you would like to continue our conversation, type a response in the box below and hit the reply button. I will be sent a message that you have reconnected and I will reconnect to you as soon as I can. I am located in the US/Central Time Zone so keep that in mind when waiting for replies.