Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I GOT A EMAIL LAST NIGHT AND ALSO A TEXT MESSAGE OVER THE LAND

Customer Question

I GOT A EMAIL LAST NIGHT AND ALSO A TEXT MESSAGE OVER THE LAND LINE THAT SOME ONE MIGHT HAVE ACCESSED MY HOTMAIL EMAIL ACCOUNT. IT SUGGESTED THAT I CHANGE MY PASSWORD, AND NUMEROUS OTHER THINGS, I DID NOT DO THIS BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW IF IT WAS A SCAM. IF IT IS THE CASE THAT I HAVE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD, I HAVE A PROBLEM ICANNOT REMEMBER WHAT IT IS. PLEASE ADVISE.
MANY THANKS.
E R ANDREWS.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Eric! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please be very careful with email messages, texts, phone calls. Do not do anything now.

What are some other things it asks you to do in that email message? If possible, can you copy and paste the content of that message here, so I can check?

Also, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Edit: It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,