Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

I have an o2 iphone a

Customer Question

I have an o2 iphone and an eclipse internet/email address. I want to be able to send emails from my iphone when away from Wi-Fi and for this to go from my eclipse email address
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I have a question or two to ask before we can begin.

Who is your e-mail provider (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc)?
-- When you type the full address on this site, it is blocked.
-- What comes after the @ sign?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Email provider is eclipse

When I type this address as an alias it says it cannot be used as it is already in use.

If I try to add a new address it defaults to @outlook.com

When I try to add an existing address it allows me to put @eclipse.co.uk but then it said it had to send me an email to verify the address and an email never arrived

Thank you for the update.
On the iPhone, when you add a new email account, choose to add one manually and enter the following information.
Incoming mail server: mail.eclipse.co.uk
Outgoing mail: smtp.eclipse.co.uk
Your username will be your email address.
Does that work for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - eclipse do not have an outgoing server. That's the root cause of the issue I have

Hello Richard,
I am not following what you mean.
Their outgoing server is smtp.eclipse.co.uk
How far along are you in the process of setting up the account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have an eclipse account and have had it set up for years. But I can only send emails from my phone when I am connected to wifi. When wifi is lost, I cannot send emails. That is what I want to be able to do but only gmail, yahoo, outlook etc allow e to do this. Eclipse do not. Vodafone used to with Vodafone 360 but they stopped it. O2 don't allow it either. this is why I need a second email account like outlook, but I want my eclipse email address linked to it so that whn I send an email from outlook, it arrives at the recipient with my eclipse address.

One way is to add the account to your Outlook.com account. Have you tried doing that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HOW???? THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL QUESTION!!

Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem and add your email account to your Outlook.com account?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok - please do it on this computer (email is *****@******.***)

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://www.jasonfixedit.com/richard
You cannot use the Eclipse outgoing servers while not on their network.
During the remote, it became clear what you were trying to do.
You stated that it was possible to do this, but I disagree.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

I would like to clarify something. Do you not have a celluar data plan for your iPhone? Is the Eclipse internet the only internet service you are subscribed to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes with O2 and yes only eclipse internet

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.

I looked into this and unfortunately the previous expert is correct. You can only use your Eclipse email from their network, meaning when you are connected via WiFi at home. There are no other little tricks you can use. If there was I would gladly help you with it.

Chris R
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but you are both wrong. I know you can link email addresses to gmail as I have done it - just now! The result is that not only can I receive emails when not connected to wifi (which I have obviously always been able to do),but I can now send them using gmail ans because the eclipse email is linked to the gmail account, recipients of the email will see it as havig come from eclipse. This is what I wanted to do using outlook and I know it is oossible, as it is with gmail, yahoo and some others. You 2 need to gen up a bit on technology!!

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.

Yes I know you can link gmail and outlook and all the other emails. I have done it.

The key thing you just said is that it LOOKS like it comes from Eclipse. That is not what you originally asked. You said you wanted it to come from(be sent) by the Eclipse email. If you would have been a little more clear in what you wanted then we would have told you what to do from the start. Please be a little more considerate when you are asking for assistance. We have both been working in IT for years and your comments are insulting. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Chris R

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Read my first request - I clearly said I wanted to LINK my eclipse email to Outlook - it wouldn't have taken too much effort on you and your colleagues part to actually read my emails and respond accordingly instead of wasting my time.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What I'd like is a refund on the fee I was charged. As far as I'm concerned, this site fraudulently took my money.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Sir,

Nobody has fraudulently took your money. In this case it was a simple misunderstanding of what you were asking. Yes I admit I missed the part when looking over your case about wanting to just link accounts. It does happen as we handle many customers throughout the the day, and sometimes we are being responded to by more than one customer at a time. We have succussfully solved many computer related issues with customers. We have also been working with computers for a long time, and the experts on this site also have various degrees and certifications. Like I said, I am sorry for the misunderstanding in this instance but it is not the norm for us. It was simply a mistake and to call us frauds is not very fair.

With that said you can certainly get a refund from customer service as we are not a fraudulent company and we value our customers and offer a 100% satisifaction guarantee.

Sincerely,

Chris R
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A refund is what I want - how do I get it?

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
I'll take care of it for you now.