Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

My account is *****@******.*** and for some months you

My account is *****@******.*** and for some months you have put me on Basic Mail because my browser doesn't support Yahoo.com; one feature is that I can't send messages because the Send or Reply icon doesn't appear, though I can compose a draft; is there a way around this? Secondly, I have just needed about five minutes to get on to my Inbox by going to mail.yahoo.com.uk through Google; admittedly, either the Internet may be slow or my broadband bit rate may be, coming from my service provider; is there a way around this?
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Are you always using your mail by logging in on the website or are you using a mail program like outlook?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am always using my mail by visiting mail.yahoo.com.uk or mail.yahoo com through Google but logging in as and when requested to do so. I'm not using a mail programme.

I can now access my mail rapidly but the problem of not being able to send mail remains.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Are you not able to send mail from either account?

When you say you are using google do you mean the google chrome web browser?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't send mail from(any of)my account(s).

As far as I know, it's the Google Chrome web browser which I'm using to access my mail. Suffice to say, I have two equivalent modes of entry, which can be on the screen simultaneously, using my usual browser with OSX 10.4.11/Tiger as computer OS

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no further comment or questions.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Malcom,

No problem if you decide you need help later just let me know. The website does sometimes send emails on my behalf, do not feel you need to reply to them if you choose not to.

Have a great day.
-Chris