Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have been using my email address *****@******.*** for years.

Customer Question

I have been using my email address *****@******.*** for years. For some reason, today it will not accept my password ***** it is still in the keyword chain and the reminder clue is the same. It started when I woke up this morning and my Blackberry was asking for me to sign in with my mobile me password, the password ***** ***** Now my mac computer will not accept it either, and in trying to sort it out, ~I have lost all my emila files. PLease HELP
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

For privacy reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

Can you please confirm for me who your email provider is, is it yahoo, hotmail, aol, gmail or someone else?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

gmail because my mac address is not working

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok sometimes, your device like the blackberry will stop syncing until you log in at gmail.com, it does this as a security precaution.

You mentioned you tried this but the password ***** denied is that correct?

If so did you attempt to reset the password ***** if so what was the outcome?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. The password ***** correct but denied. When I try to reset it asks for my password ***** is refused. The 'clue' they show me doesn't help because I know what the password ***** ***** I just keep going round in circles. I tried cancelling that account on my computer with a view to just setting it up again, but all it did was blank out all my files and now I can't use it at all. If I try to enter it again, it just tells me that address is in use already

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok this is not making much sense without seeing it. Our first goal here is to get you logged in on the computer and then worry about the blackberry.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.

Remote support can save a lot of time.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue if it is possible for me to fix.

Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't afford any more. In any case my Paypal account is registered with *****@******.***.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is becoming to look like a money making exercise. I've already paid £36 which I can't afford

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Professional computer help is not cheap, I a certified professional. Also I do not know how long this will take me. However that said, If that is a bit out of your price range as a first time site user courtesy I will do the remote for no additional charge.

Let me know if you would like to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm gtaeful. Please continue

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok I believe you said you were using a MAC, if you are not let me know.

In order for me to get connected you need to download and run this connection tool.

Go to the following page:http://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/mac.aspx

Next click where it says "For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport"

Run that, it will give you an ID and Password, provide me with those.

Do not close the team viewer program, you want the page open that shows Your ID and Your Password.

Make sure you pay attention to your downloads.

You will need to double click it to get it to run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID ********* /p>

password7465

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Please retype the ID the website blocks it out, type it like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Just include spaces inbetween the numbers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

199 478 335

That is how it is displayed

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok leave the program open, connecting now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we seem to have lost the connection

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
sswordWe lost connection, did you close team viewer?, if not please close and re-open, provide me with the new ID and password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

199 478 335

1015

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Connected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

code is now 6442

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Connected
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

6551

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I think we are all set now.

Just remember if you cant get mail on the phone you will need to enter the new password ***** there as well.

Every once in a while it will force you to change your password ***** security reasons.

If we are all set please rate my service to finish. If you need me to connect again restart team viewer and give me the code and password.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant. I love you. Thank you

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are very kind! Thank you. If you have any issue again let me know.
Best,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't believe it. I have just got up to check my mail and find that *****@******.*** has completely disappeared again. i tried to add account and it just tells me that the user name already exists

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you must have done but I promise you that email accounts dont just vanish for no reason so you must've clicked something.

I fixed it once, I will fix it again.

Send me a message when you are online and available for remote.