Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi Jason, First of all, can I check that one of the ratings

Customer Question

Hi Jason, First of all, can I check that one of the ratings I gave you did get through?
I gave the rating as 'Good" because of all the bother of linking over and over again.
I,ve had an e-mail from JUSTANSWER saying I had given a 'poor" rating. I can only assume that I clicked on something in error because I do not recall doing any such thing!
Category: Email
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Is that an Apple computer?

JACUSTOMER-8otlvbhi- :

yes

Mike the Mac Medic :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there. And what is the problem with Outlook?

JACUSTOMER-8otlvbhi- :

10.7.5

JACUSTOMER-8otlvbhi- :

The problem with outlook seems to be cured

Mike the Mac Medic :

Ok to be sure. Restart the computer then immediately hold the Command key and the letter R key together until you see the Apple Logo. This will boot to the Recovery HD partition. When it boots you will see a window called Utilities, select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

JACUSTOMER-8otlvbhi- :

Thank-you for the advice. I shall save it in case outlook goes off again. At the moment, I'm reluctant to disturb it when it is acting properly.

Mike the Mac Medic :

Ok that is general maintenance recommended by Apple. Up to you.

Mike the Mac Medic :

If you want to send a message about Jason's rating please do it through customer service. Thanks.