Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have for 14 years had a bt internet email aaount and now

I have for 14 years had a bt internet email aaount and now I can't access it whatever I do . have you any suggestions
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What exactly happens at this time when you try and get in, is it saying that your password ***** *****?

Are you trying to log in on a windows or mac computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I try login my email address and password ***** it does not accept it and go to my email account

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and set it up for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you
making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like remote help but there is no button for it

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Please allow one or two minutes before replying and see if it is to the right side of this reply.

If it does not show up then please reply back and let me know and I will connect anyway.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Why did you just rate my service as poor? I am trying to help you?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Let me just try and connect to so I can sort this for you.

In order to get connected I will need you to download and run the connection program.

Please click HERE to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes. You should see a file called elsinore download and you will need to double click it.

If you are using a mac computer let me know as we will need to use a different tool.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Roger,

What is happening, did you want my help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want your help but nothing is happening. my download file is being rejected by my computer

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok lets try another tool.

In order for me to get connected to your computer I will need you to download and run the connection program.

Please click HERE

You need to save/run the program.

It will give you an ID and a Password.

Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.

Do not close the program, but leave it open.

I can then connect to your computer.

If you ar
e using a mac computer you need to tell me!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my ID is 159 615 149
password *****

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Connecting now.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Did you close it?

It says its not running. If you did not close it then please confirm you gave me the correct numbers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not close it. the nunbers came up on an information file. do you want my BT yahoo password.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Yes but it says it is not running.

Did you see the get additional service button yet? If so click it. It will provide a secure window where you can provide me with your log in information.

OR check the team viewer box and confirm that you have given me the right numbers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not seen the additional service button. I have saved the file to computer and run it .a box came up wth ID 159 615 149 and the password ***** changed to 7948

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Is that box still open on the screen, try clicking team viewer again, it should give you a new password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

only your page is open on the screen.what is the team viewer button. I can't find it.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Try holding CTRL and pressing the J button on tge keyboard. Look for Teamviewer and double click it. Choose Run only. Provide me with ID and password.

If that does not work try this provess again

Go to the following page:http://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/mac.aspx

Next click where it says "For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport"

Run that, it will give you an ID and Password, provide me with those.

Do not close the team viewer program, you want the page open that shows Your ID and Your Password.

Make sure you pay attention to your downloads, this show on the bottom right usually

You will need to double click it to get it to run.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Another tool we can try is

To get connected click the following link.

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?installer=mac&webdownload=true

Once you click it you must allow the utility to run.

When finished look towards the top of your screen and you will see it says

join.me/123-456-789

Let me know exactly what the numbers say so I can connect.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

lnternet explorer has blocked downloads from this site

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You got team viewer to open once so you can do it again.

Please click HERE

You need to save/run the program.

It will give you an ID and a Password.

I can then connect to your computer.

If you ar
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the password ***** ***** 7371

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
what about the ID?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

same as before

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
the password ***** ***** working, did it change again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

once again the ID is 159 615 149 and the password ***** ***** I have left the tab open for the teamviewer

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You need to choose get extra help
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Roger,

I am truly sorry things did not work out. You told me that you never saw the additional services box which was not true. I then on good faith spent multiple hours trying to get you connected. You then said you would not pay for the remote session so I am sorry I cannot help. I have lost too much time.

At this point I have been paid nothing so if you would like a refund you need to contact the websites customer service team here http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

At this time I am opening your question and sending back to the queue so if anyone else wants to help you they may.

Please do not reply at this time, you will receive an alert when someone is able to assist you.