Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

For 6 days I have been unable to receive incoming e-mail. I

Customer Question

For 6 days I have been unable to receive incoming e-mail. I can send outgoing mail . We have installed your help software and followed instructions but still no in mail At the same time my telephone ceased receiving calls though I could make outgoing calls. The telephone has now been repaired (the fault was in the local exchange) Janet XXXXXX XXXXXXX

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issues. May I know the domain name or the name after the @ sign of your email address? Is it @yahoo.com? @gmail.com? or others?

Also, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome to access this email? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010 or 2013?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am using bt internet and bt live mail

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Janet,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing your email problem while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

willing to pay £10 for remote access. But the man helping me yesterday maintained that the problem could not lie in my hub or computer since I could send outgoing mail satisfactorily. He considered the fault must lie with my server.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Janet,

Thank you for writing back with the desire to use remote access. I truly believe that the problem is on the configuration of your email program used to fetch your emails. I can check those settings when I am remotely connected to your computer. If there are changes in the server side, the configuration in your computer must reflect those changes.

I will now send you a formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote access session. After accepting, you shall then receive procedures to join me in the remote session.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Janet,

I noticed that you posted duplicate questions. Please let us continue here.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate that you have sent a number of e-mails concerning my problem but I kept repeating information over a period of 1 hour up to 10.30am on 13November when I finally had to leave my computer for other commitments without receiving a solution from you.

When I returned late pm on 13th there was nothing on the computer to indicate that you were still in contact so in some desperation I summoned help from a local expert. We considered 'just answer' to have been unsatisfactory as a way of solving the problem in my particular case.

He recommended that I should seek a refund of any charges with which my credit card has already been debited and furthermore, that I should seek your confirmation that I will not be charged any further fees.

My expert eventually gained access to incoming e-mail by changing the way I obtain access to my mail (tho I lost that sent over the previous 6 days).

It is because of his help that I have now been able to see your e-mails of 13/11/2014-23.15 Although your help is no longer needed would you please provide the confirmation concerning charges requested above.

Thank you janet XXXXXX XXXXXXX

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Janet,

Thank you for writing back and I am glad that your email is now working through some local help. On the day that I responded to your question, I have been waiting for you to get back to me here in this thread so that I can remotely access your computer and fix the problem while you watch. But you ended up creating several duplicate questions which I kept closing. You can see thse questions in your justanswer account by clicking on the My Questions link at the top right.

Yes, we guarantee our service so if you are not happy or satisfied with my service, you can surely process a refund, But your deposit is still on your account with us so you can use itto post another question in the future.

However, if you want to process a refund, here is the information on refunding:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you very much. If you need assistance in the future, just let me know, I am still here to help you.

Best regards,
Jess