Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

i have e-mails on my laptop in an aol username but i can not

Customer Question

i have e-mails on my laptop in an aol username but i can not forward them to my user name on aol to my desktop
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you get any error/message when trying to forward the emails? Also, are you using the AOL Desktop software to access your emails?

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi i get a message box with a cross in corner saying that we can not send e-mails at the moment please try again in a minute.This minute is now 2 weeks and still no sent e-mails.I would appreciate this issue to solved asap as e-mails are very important Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Are you currently replying to me from the system that has this issue? If so, should we go ahead with a quick remote session so that I can check the issue for you?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi no i am using my desktop the laptop has the issue i need to forward all the e-mails from laptop because the charging system does not work and will be out of battery in about 1 hour

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay. On your laptop, please login to your AOL account first by going to mail.aol.com .

Are you able to forward your emails using this email interface itself?

Keep me posted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Alternatively, would you like me to set up a quick remote session on the laptop so that I can fix the issue directly for you?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
All right, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link on the laptop (NOT on your desktop):
http://tinyurl.com/JAaolissue

Join the session, then an 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded.

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads - and I'll be connected.

PS - If we are not connected in five minutes, please reply back to me below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

aol says ther is no results for this

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
What link did you type in, please?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No, it looks like you copied the link in your reply - could you type out what you typed in the other laptop, please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://tinyurl.com/JAaolissue this is what i typed in laptop, battery nearly gone

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hmm, that's odd - the link opens up just fine at my end. Do you want to take this further after sometime, after you have charged the laptop's battery?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

battery has gone flat as i mentioned earlier on the charging port is broke so i can not re charge the battery

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, no issues. You should be able to access the emails for the other account on your desktop itself. Let's go ahead with a remote session on your current desktop, so that I can show you how to do the same.

Please open up the following link on the desktop:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5176d947-c89c-4aeb-895a-c98f9fdd7aca

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

downloaded bt windows says it cannot open file

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Okay. Please open up the following link on your desktop now:

http://mail.aol.com

When the AOL page comes up, login to your other account (the one used on the laptop) accordingly.

Are you able to access and forward your emails from that account, this way?

Keep me posted.