Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I cannot set up Microsoft email. Have tried over several weeks

Customer Question

I cannot set up Microsoft email. Have tried over several weeks and very frustrated. Never had this with previous computers. I have tried giving my latest email address but it keeps showing an old one used when I first began using this email service and had to use dial up! I keep being asked for my code and I cannot find any in all my paperwork. I absolutely hate this latest 8. 0 computer and it is no better after I downloaded the 8.1. which was supposed to make things better.
I did manage to send and receive emails for a very short time and then it stopped completely. I have tried bringing up the settings, change PC settings, accounts and then clicking "Your Account". I have been working on this for 3 hours today and am exasperated!
Please help me sort out this problem before I go mad!
My email address which is used on a laptop jointly used with my husband is *****@******.***
I would like to be able to access this on my desk top as well but cannot at the moment. The old email which we do not use any more at all but keeps coming from Microsoft on my desk computer is *****@******.***
It even says that my answer to the security question is wrong so I just give up on trying to sort things out this way. It still comes back to wanting a code of 7 digits which I have no memory of ever having.
Christina Rayner
Category: Email
Expert:  James K. replied 3 years ago.
My name is James
Welcome to JustAnswer.
Can i Remote onto your machine to help you fix the problem
I can send you a Link to Connect
Cheers James