Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

My Samsung S3 mobile phone accepts all the settings for my

Customer Question

My Samsung S3 mobile phone accepts all the settings for my e mail account but then just sticks when downloading the emails. It just says "loading" all the time and never downloads the emails. What is causing this and what is the solution?. Thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

Are you just setting this up this mail for the first time on the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, No, it has been tried a few times. We know the email address and password ***** correct because we can access the mail via webmail. Also the phone accepts the settings, activates the account but them just sticks when attempting to download the emails

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
What email account is it set up with? Gmail? Microsoft account? Yahoo? Is it IMAP? Does this email account have a lot of mail? I am asking this because if there is a lot of mail it could take the mail app some time to sync everything and it could appear to hang while it does that. Have you ever just let it sit for a while and see if it eventually loads everything up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Microsoft Exchange Active Sync, it does have a lot of email but she has tried leaving it to sit for a while

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
I would like to let someone who might know more about Exchange Active Sync take a look at this problem for you. I am going to opt-out of this question so that someone else can take over in assisting you. It could take a little bit of time but someone should respond soon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
No problem.