Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a new Samsung Tab4 10.1 but the email app isn't responding

I have a new Samsung Tab4 10.1 but the email app isn't responding correctly. It's an unusual issue i haven't experienced before. The Reading pane & sender/subject information slides to the right slowly until it is not visible on the screen. Is there any way this can be fixed.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Guy! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any issue with any other app? What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Have you tried this: go to Settings -> Applications / Application Manager -> ALL, then tap on the Email app there, then clear data/cache
, then open Email app, then re-add your email account, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cleared the cache and also deleted and re-added the exchange work email account. The issue continues.

Is there any issue with any other app? Does this affect another email address if you have? Have you tried another email app? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't tried any other email apps. All other apps are working fine.

The email app is updated right? Can you go to Application manager, then tap on the Email app, and uninstall... and then check? If needed, update /reinstall Email from Play store, then check.

If that does not work, can you try the email app called "Email for Exchange & Hotmail +":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syntomo.email&hl=en

And/or the app "K-9 Mail":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You can't uninstall it because it is the app that is on the tablet when you buy it. It's not an installed option. I know I can go to play and get others and have seen them but wanted to know if there is a way i can get this one working

Sorry, I mean, uninstall any update to the pre-installed app. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are no updates.

Sorry, go to Application manager , then Google Services Framework, then clear cache/data
, then power off the tablet, then press and hold the Power key,Home key and Up Volume key at the same time. then release all of the keys keys when the Android image appears, then use the Volume keys to select "wipe cache partition", then press Power button
, then reboot and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done all that - worked exactly as described, but the email bars still whizzes along to the right as before...

I'm sorry. You've given me negative rating, but we are not finished yet; we're still troubleshooting the issue. Please do not rate my service until we are finished. Would you like me to continue helping you on this issue? Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok! thats good!

Thank you. I've tried all the steps. It looks like something is corrupted in the operating system. Is it okay to reset the tablet fresh? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I could do. just not now... sorry.

One of our rep's have just taken it out to a visit and don't want to ask him to do it in case the backup/restore goes wrong

Sorry about that. Maybe in the mean time, you can try some other email apps? Or whenever you want to, if you use the Samsung Kies program to backup, and only if backup is successful, then you can reset
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

OK, you can get back to me any time as needed. Thank you.