Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My e mail toolbar has disappeared so I am unable to send e

My e mail toolbar has disappeared so I am unable to send e mails. How can I restore it?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

What is your email program, i.e., Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Windows Live Mail, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yahoo mail through a BT provider

Windows 7

How does the remote session work?

With remote session, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly on your computer together with you. Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK let's give it a go.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f42a2ab1-87ad-4525-8400-f0d1e7887c5f

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/n5wfbwg

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I have to leave the session now. I may be able to contact you later

No problem. When you are available, can you please let me know the name of the program you would open in order to use your BT / Yahoo email? An email program would be like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, etc. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you are in your email (and/or when writing an email message), can you press & release the key Alt on your keyboard, then you should see a menu at the top, then select the View option, (then toolbars), then show/enable all the option there? If needed, (either when in email and/or when writing an email message) check all menu / options at the top after pressing & releasing the key Alt on your keyboard.

Edit: It looks like you are still not back, so I'm going offline for now. When you are back, can you please let me know the name of the program (and version if possible) you would open in order to use your BT / Yahoo email? Some email programs: Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Internet Explorer, etc. Then don't wait for me. When I'm back at my computer, we can connect, or I will email you as soon as possible the written instructions for fixing this issue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be away so long.

I am back at the relevant computer. The immediate panic is over. We had an urgent e mail to send which we eventually managed to do by going in to bt yahoo mail through internet explorer and the tool bar appeared. However when I go into bt yahoo mail through Google chrome the inbox comes up without the tool bar so we can't send e mails that way.

I don't know if that information is sufficient. If there is an easy solution then written instructions will be fine. If not we can always use internet explorer.

Do you mean if you use the Google Chrome program, then the toolbar does not come up. But if you use Internet Explorer program, the toolbar does come up?

Please try the following fix in Chrome:

- Click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Chrome, then click on History

, then click on Clear browsing data...

, then at the drop-down list (which is next to the option Obliterate the following items from:), select the option the beginning of time

, then uncheck all boxes and check on the box at the item Cached images and files

, then click on Clear browsing data at the bottom

, then check.

- If that does not work, click on the menu (3-bar) icon at the upper right corner in Chrome, then click on Settings,

, then scroll down at the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings...,

, then scroll down at the bottom, then click on Reset settings button, then click on Reset....

, then check.

- If it still does not work, click on Start\Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, and uninstall the Google Chrome program there
, then download and reinstall it at the website below, then check:
http://chrome.google.com/

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bingo!

I had to uninstall then reinstall but the tool bar is now back where it should be.

Many thanks.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.