Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I recently download the driver pixma MP240 printer scanner

I recently download the driver for my pixma MP240 printer scanner and I can print from my new lap top. However I can not import a scan, because it seems I am lacking some software. Can you please advise how I can obtain the necessary. Many thanks john Eaton.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You need to install the complete printer software which you get via my link below
Click me to view
Once you have this, you then have the scanner software so you can scan and receive the image.
I can also do these steps for you directly on your computer, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have downloaded ,printer worksbut still can not import from scanner

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Whats the error you receive John when scanning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no wia device

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I dont think your using the correct program still
You have to use the scanner program that we just installed, it is called Capture Perfect.
Can you use this please John
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where do I find this on 8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Press on the windows button bottom left and type in
capture
and it should then appear.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no windows button on my desktop nor on the normal windows 8.1 screen When I was on vista yes but not now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is there, it looks different to the start button from Vista.
It gets you to the windows start screen
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I press the windows icon ther is nowhere to type at all

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If your on the blue windows start screen now, you just start typing. You dont need to type into anything, it does this for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If is the question,I can not find any blue windows screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the windows start screen, so not the Desktop, but the windows start screen, like in this picture.
Start-Screen.png">http://images.knowhow.com/Computing/Win8/Win8-Start-Screen.png
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK my screen is a little different but I type capture and get many options but not a printer driver ,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, type Scan
Do you then see it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes scan came up and somehow I have managed to do a windows scan saved to scans,I would still like to be able to scan using Adobe Photoshop elements 2.0 as I could originally.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You cant, you have to use this program John, Elements is not working wit the Scanner as it does not use a wia service.
This is why I had you use the program.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

elements worked with the original driver on my old machine but I think using twain.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This drive they now have does not use this, which is why you have to use the program I had you download. It is why they provided this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok please tell me how I find the saved scan in scans

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will depend on where you saved these to.
By default it is in your pictures folder John
So when you open your file browser, go to your pictures folder and you should see it there.
Else perform the scan again and then note where it is saving it to.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it at last thanks . Hope it continues. john.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will John, but any issues you can always let me know here, no problem with this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs