A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

my flight simulator X is stuck in visuaisation mode only by

my flight simulator X is stuck in visuaisation mode only by the programme Addit Pro. Cannot get thro to them . Have you a solution please?
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Have you attempted removing the Addit Pro from your computer at this time?

A. Stevens :

Please let me know when you return, so that we can continue working on this question. I will respond as soon as possible when I see your reply.

Customer:

Yes I have but no luck. The actual message read "'Aircraft initialisation has failed - you will now be placed in visualisation mode only"" Aircraft appear in FSX but engines will not start. I do not want a complete re-install of FSX. The Addit Pro programme was on free trial and I wish I had not bothered. I could restore Addit Pro as it is only in the recycle bin if this would help.

A. Stevens :

Are you using Windows or Mac OSX simulator?

Customer:

windows 8.1

A. Stevens :

I see, could you tell me how it is you uninstalled addit pro?

A. Stevens :

You may have just put it in the recycle bin but not removed it completely.

Customer:

Removed it from the recycle bin but then saw it was still showing in programmes. Used Orbit uninstaller to finally get rid of it, However one error message re one AI aircraft still appears on start up( despite the fact that I have deleted it) and all aircraft engines have to be started by keys Ctrl+E. The FSX aircraft flying selection gallery has a number of blank squares with a question mark.

Customer:

I was warned about these so called quick fix programmes so I have only myself to blame.However, If you have any solutions to these 3 niggling problems then I would be obliged.

A. Stevens :

Do you still have the installation disc flight simulator?>

A. Stevens :

You may have to reinstall it as well to remove the faults...

A. Stevens :

As the program files may have been corrupted.

Customer:

Yes I fear this is the only solution. I have the disc. Thanks .