Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  Specialize in email support.
10156100

, I have recently purchased a Macbook Air and have set

,
I have recently purchased a Macbook Air and have set up my hotmail account on the Mac emailed software. I have notice recently that when I send an email, it is always sent twice to people. I don't think it did this when I first got the computer and set up the email. I have the Macbook air also set up with my iPhone and iPad.
How can I stop the Macbook from sending duplicate emails?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
,

Thanks JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

It sounds like maybe a configuration issue. Best thing to do is to remove the account from your Mac. Then set it back up again, that should resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

,

How do I remove the account and re-add it? Can you walk me through the steps?

Will this re-adding my account disrupt the sync that I have with my iPhone and iPad?

Is this definitely not a known issue? I've seen some other users have had duplicate sent email troubles when I google search this issue.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
It will not interrupt your sync with iPhone or iPad.

You have it configured in Mac Mail is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have configured my hotmail account to use with the Mac Mail. It seems to work fine, with the exception of this duplicate sent items issue.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Open Mac Mail, click on Mail top left from the drop down click on Accounts.

You will see the hotmail account listed, click on it and click on the minus sign bottom left to remove it. Then click on the plus sign to add a new account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** it a go and send some emails tomorrow (its late in the UK) and see if this solves the issue. If it works, I'll give you feedback. If not, I'll let you know and see if can find out whats wrong. Thanks help so far.

Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
OK no problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cris,

I haven't had a chance yet to re-set the settings on my Mac Mail to see if this fixes the problem. I'll give you feedback now since time is passing but I may come back to you in the future if I need further help. I hope this is ok.

Will