hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer email problems
40928634

I have numerous IMAP accounts and webmail running through Outlook

Customer Question

I have numerous IMAP accounts and webmail running through Outlook 2010. I also have one Exchange Account running.
Whenever I leave any folder of the Exchange Account selected and start a new message, change the account to send from to one of the other accounts, when I hit send, the message always drops into the Exchange Account Outbox, using the Exchange name from the Group Email list from the Exchange Account.
In order to ensure this does not happen, I need to select any folder of any other email account except the Exchange Account, then select new message, then the account to send from and the email sends fine.
Is there any way around this?
Category: Email
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

If you select the file tab and then the "Accounts Settings" option, make sure that another email account is set as the default mail account on the first tab called E-mail.

You'll probably find that the Exchange account is selected as the default email account.

Also when you compose new message make sure that the account that you want to send from is selected from the "From" button and then it'll be sent from the correct account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply. That has all been done, yet it still defaults to the Exchange Outbox if I forget to select another email account, open a new message and then select the non-exchange email account.

When you send another email do you have to start it from another account or does it remember the account you sent the email from. If it remembers, does it forget on reboot?

When you send the email when it is in the exchange account, does the from email address show as the exchange account?

When you send the email from another account does the from email address show correctly or still from the exchange email account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It needs to be started from another account else it is dumped directly into the outbox of the exchange account.

Yes the from email address is shown as the exchange email address when it is attempted to be sent, but sending fails when the exchange account is selected, then the from account is selected as the non exchange account and then the sent button is hit, the mail is dumped into the exchange outbox with the exchange email address as the from email address.

The mail only sends correctly when you select a non-exchange account then new email, then select the from (non-exchange) account.

Hello there,

So the exchange account is not working to send email?

Do you know Microsoft server software is being used to deliver this Exchange account please?

After you send an email successfully and you want to send another email, do you have to repeat this process of first selecting the non-exchange account or does Outlook remember the non-exchange email account?

If so, then when you reboot do you have to reselect the non-exchange account please?