Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Why are my e-mails off the right hand side of the screen?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email program you are using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

btinternet.com

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gwen,
There are a couple of causes for this we will eliminate.
First, click on the bar to the right of the email folders and drag this to the left, does this widen it for you and correct the email displays?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been using e-mails for years and have never had this problem before.

When I go through the normal steps the list of e-mails which is usually in the left hand side column appears in the middle.

The contents of the e-mail are on the right hand side and I have to move things over. I find it easier to print the e-mail to read it.

All I want is to return to the facility I have had for years i.e to have the left hand column not in the centre

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?
It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do so I can see exactly what has happened.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not a first time user of btinternet.com which I have been using since 2006 when I changed from my desktop to my laptop.

I started on computers in January 1958. My BCS number is ***** My problem is that btinternet has not bothered to inform me that my access to e-mails has changed to gobbledegook.!

I am going to lunch now. Gwen Steel B.Sc

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Gwen, were you able to read my last message? I am waiting to connect to your computer to see what has happened.
Ill repeat my instructions again
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.