Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

my gmail username sometimes pops up on the main goggle search

my gmail username sometimes pops up on the main goggle search page . I DO not want my username showing here or anywhere were other people might see it . I want my username to be completely private.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dell windows

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO

I'm sorry, with remote support, you can watch everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is a lot easier and quicker for you as troubleshooting can take time. But per your request, I can certain provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue. Please let me know the followings, so I can troubleshoot:

1. Do you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7, or 8, etc.?
  2. What is your Internet browser program, i.e., Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.?
  3. Do you use gmail email at the Gmail email website http://www.gmail.com/?
  4. Do you mean when you go to the Google website http://www.google.com , your gmail username is ***** *****?
  5. Does this issue occur when you sign in your gmail email?
  6. Does this issue occur when you sign out your gmail email?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows internet explorer no.3 no no4 sometimes no5 no no6 no

How do you use your gmail email on your Dell windows computer, i.e., what program do you use for gmail email? Or do you use gmail email at all on the Dell windows computer? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

google gmail

Please tell me the process how you use your gmail email on your Dell windows computer. For example, you turn on the computer, then you open Internet Explorer program, then go to the google or gmail website, then sign in your gmail email address with your gmail email password? Or do you use your gmail email a different way? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

your example is correct, I do not use my gmail in a different way

Do you have to enter your gmail email password ***** time you turn on the computer and open your gmail email?

Do you remember your gmail email password? Or do you have it saved automatically in Internet Explorer?

When you turn on the computer, then open gmail email, does it show your gmail email address automatically on the screen? Or do you have to type in your gmail email address?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i enter my gmail password ***** .I remember my password. I always type in my gmail address

Thank you. Let's say you turn on the computer, then you open Internet Explorer, but you do not sign in your gmail email, but you just go straight to Google, do you ever see your gmail username in Google without signing in your gmail email?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

That's strange. I don't think it's possible without signing in it. Can you close all Internet Explorer windows / websites right now, then re-open Internet Explorer, then go to google.com website, then does it show your gmail username? If yes, can you take a screenshot of it http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/, so I can check? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the google website does not always show my gmail username,just the oddtime,my computer skills are not good enough to take a screenshot.

It either shows or does not shows, I don't think it's random. Can you please note carefully each time you see your gmail username and notice if you are signed in your gmail email account at that time or not?

Let's say you see your gmail username at the Google.com website, then go to your gmail email right away, does it ask you to enter your gmail email address or not in order to use your gmail email?

We can continue whenever you are done testing. That's why I offer remote support since troubleshooting computer issues can be complicated. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I,LL TEST THAT. I DON,T KNOW WHEN i can get back to you as I HAVE TO GO SOON.

Don't worry, please take your time. You can get back to me anytime via the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU , BYE

You're welcome. Please reply back whenever you are available to continue. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. And we'll continue whenever you've done testing. Thank you very much for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my username did not show on the google main page just now when I USED IT

That means you are not signed in your gmail email in the current Internet Explorer session. If you sign in your gmail email now, then go to google main page (without closing / re-opening Internet Explorer), then you will see your username on the google main page. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I could not complete this task. Sorry I have to go now

Don't worry, we can continue later or tomorrow. Please test later to really confirm that the issue occurs whether you are signed in gmail or not. Thank you.