IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

unable to send or receive emails 2 hours - got internet

unable to send or receive emails for past 2 hours - got internet access and other user names can send & receive but not me as the main screen name
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Do you use AOL or another e-mail service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AOL - been on hold to their help line for past 25 mins and still waiting, so trying you guys!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.

Do you access your AOL e-mail account via web mail interface (web browser) or via e-mail program such as AOL Desktop or Microsoft Outlook?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AOL desktop

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Please exit AOL Desktop and then use Internet Explorer or another web browser to go to this link:

http://mail.aol.co.uk

There sign in to your AOL screen name and check if you can receive new e-mails as well as if you can send them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

says mail box temporarily unavailable (which it has been saying for past few hours) - like something has got blocked/stuck and is not letting any info come and go

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Do you see that message when you attempt to sign in or after you have signed in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after i sign in it says unable to send waiting mails and does not let me see any old sent or received messages - shall i just wait for the AOL Helpline to answer (now 36 mins waiting!)

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the information!

Since the same issue happens in two different ways of accessing your e-mail account (web browser and AOL Desktop), I can confirm that the issue is not caused by you (your computer), but is caused by AOL.

They seem to be changing something on their e-mail servers at the moment which affects some of the e-mail accounts. That's why you can normally access other accounts.

Whenever they run maintenance or server upgrade, it usually lasts for about several hours, so your account should be fully accessible later during the day.

Full description about that issue can be read here:

http://help.aol.co.uk/help_uk/documentLink.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=84471

I am sure an AOL representative will tell you the same (whenever they answer) - that they are changing something on their end, so that you need to be patient until they finish.

Regards,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box (smiley faces).

Thanks,
IT Miro