Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I was forwarded emails with sensitive information between 2009

Customer Question

I was forwarded emails with sensitive information between 2009 and 2013 to my work email and they were deleted by someone else. Can I retrieve them back as I need them for evidence?
My work email is an outlook site
K
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please from what email service did you forward these from? eg: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The emails and attachment which I would like to retrieve were sent from person A via a work email account to person B on their work email account and then person B forwarded them to me on to my work email between 1/1/09 to 1/1/11. I forwarded these emails and other sensitive ones from my work email account to my home email account for safe keeping from about 1/1/09 to 1/1/14 or thereabouts.. Someone accessed my passwords as we do not have locked offices and deleted theses emails from both of my work and home email accounts. Persons A, and B have now left and their work email accounts no longer exists. I am not sure which email service they used - google internet explorer or chrome I am guessing. At the time I always used google internet explorer. The other day I contacted my ICT department at work and they said that emails after 6 months which have bee permanently deleted cannot be retrieved. I need to show these emails now as evidence but I am guessing that the wrong doer deleted the evidence way before I became aware that this had happened.

I am hoping you can help and thank you for your time.

Many thanks. Please ask for more info if you need it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I really need to know for which email service this was Karen.
Was it Gmail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry - my work's email is connected to Microsoft and my home email is a blue yonder account connected to Virgin Media. At one time the blue yonder server was "pop 3" but then it seemed Virgin turned some blue yonder emails to G emails - but I have always accessed my email by going onto the virgin media page and clicking on "email" and then entering my blue yonder email account name and password. I hope this is the info you want as I am not very good at understanding how email service providers work. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This makes it clear Karen and thank you
The problem with these services though is that they have a 14 day retention and then they are removed from the server.
They do this due to the sheer amount of email storage they are providing.
I am sorry but with these services the emails are permanently gone sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.