Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

I am trying to config a email to my scanner, I have a brother

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to config a email to my scanner, I have a brother MFC-j591odw, its says in the manual I can scan to a persons email, my laptop is 64 bit windows 8.1
regards
kev
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

Do you currently have an Email client on your computer? Generally the scanner should scan your document and then open your default email client, create a new email and then add the scanned document as the attachment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have, I was and still on yahoo mail, so I added outlook and still can not connect them together,

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
What happens when you run the scan and choose the scan to email option?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its comes up with, please config the default email application error

Code CC4-121-00000003

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Go to the Control Panel and then select Default Programs from the list. Make sure your view in the Control Panel is Large or Small icons to see it. Then select Set Your Default Programs. Find and click on Outlook or whatever you are currently using on your computer. Then select Choose defaults for this program(Second option). Then look and see that it is associated with MAPI. It might be on the bottom of the list. Let me know if that helps. You can also choose Set this Program as Default to make sure it is the program being used by default. Let me know if that helps at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no outlook or yahoo on programs, only 1 called mail, its says its got all its defaults, there is no MAPI or a brother printer on programs,

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure you actually have the Outlook installed? I am not talking about the online website but the program that comes with Office. If you don't have that then I suggest you download Mozilla Thunderbird and use that as your email client. It is free and easy to set up and has the ability to take the the scanned image from your scanner as an attachment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I will try one of them thanks, ***** ***** let you know if it works,

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Outlook you need to get via Office 2013 and is now pretty much subscription based. Your best shot is to get Thunderbird and I can even help you with that if need be because I use that also. When you install, it should ask if you want it to be your Default Client. Say yes to this. If this helps you please rate my service with the Smiley Face icons below and hit the submit button. This will ensure I am compensated for my time helping you today.

If you need further help with this please just let me know.

Chris R
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no didn't work, now it needs a path.

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what is going on at this point. I would have to take a look remotely for you.

Would you like me to try a remote session with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please yes

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Download and run the file below to get started.https://www.dropbox.com/s/vckom74u59l9ccq/Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client%2834%29.exe?dl=0