Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

Is it possible to bounce back emails to sender. I have an yahoo

Is it possible to bounce back emails to sender. I have an yahoo account and I want to bounce back emails to a particular sender
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** and I would be happy to assist you today.

There is curently no way of doing that in Yahoo Webmail. The only thing remotely close to that is the Vacation Response and that will send a message to anyone. There is a spot for specifiying a unique response to a particulare sender but then again you have the same problem.

The only thing I was able to find was to use Gmail and add the Canned Response experimental feature from the Gmail settings. Then you can set up a filter that when tripped will send the canned response to that individual everytime. I think the email the sender will receive shows that it is a canned response though. Not sure if that is a problem in your situation.

Not sure if this helps you at all. You can import your Yahoo mail into Gmail if you need to.

I hope this suggestion helps you. If not I will have to let another expert give you some thoughts on this. It is not a feature usually available without some sort of add on though, as it is not a common request for users to be able to do this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is a vacant response and did you say it will go to everyone?

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.
Yes a vacation responder will go to everyone and anyone that messages you during a time period. This is for when you will be away from your computer and you want to let everyone know you will get back to them later.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I block a particular email address from emailing me and then unblock them later

The currently most used method to fight spam is to block it using an anti spam system which is either pre-installed in your email server, installing as a plugin to your email client software or a standalone program on your computer. Another way to fight spammers is to bounce a non-delivery notification back to the sender which they might take you off their email address list. Here we have 5 tools which you can use to bounce email back to sender

What about the non-delivery notification?

Expert:  Chris R. replied 2 years ago.

Where are you reading that info? Is this from Yahoo?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

I am just asking