Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Recently I changed my supplier from Virginmedia to Sky and

Customer Question

Recently I changed my supplier from Virginmedia to Sky and at the same time changed my email address. When I tried updating my ipad to the new email address I very stupidly erased my old erased my old ID. I now find that everytime I go into icloud, itunes and app stores I am asked for my password ***** my old ID. Tried doing it but ipad does not recognize either the old id or the password. Is there someway I can access icloud etc or do I have to reset the ipad in some way?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you click on my link below
www.icloud.com
Can you sign into your old account there?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am currently working off my desttop computer. I have tried using the link on that and it does not accept the old password ***** whether or not it recognizes my old ID it does not say.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank Ed, then you will have to reset the iPad to use a new account.
To do this, go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.
Let it complete and then setup the iPad with the new account and you will be able to use it again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried that - Get flag "password *****" It shows the old apple ID and when I put the old password ***** it comes back with "Apple ID or password ***** *****"

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, can you do it this way please to do the reset
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Richard - How do I connect the ipad to the computer?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok, any question you need to ask, please ask.
It came with a power cable which when you take the plug off is a Data cable
You plug it into both the iPad and a USB port on your computer.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got the ipad connected.

Me computer illiterate - Do you want me to select itunes on the desktop or the ipad? Secondly, I know where the power button is on the iad but where is the "Home" buttn?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you use iTunes on the computer Ed.
The home button is the main button at the bottom of the iPad screen, the only one on the face of it.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK but no caption appeared - I have a picture on the ipad of the itunes icon with a picture of the ipad connection cable with an arrow pointing towards the itunes ico.n

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that means it wants to me connected to iTunes, I am not sure how you connected it.
But you connect the cable to the bottom of the iPad and the other to the USB port on the computer
Then you open itunes
Like in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLP1L0Yz0FU
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just before your last email a caption came up stating there was a problem with the ipad and giving the option for a restore - I have taken that option and now waiting.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect!
Let it restore and it should be returned to new.
Let me know the results please Ed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That did the trick. Do I have to create a new id again now?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, if you cannot access the old one, you need to create a new one, then it will function as before.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard - I am back again to square 1. My old id still appears in icloud and in settings

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
on the iPad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but you choose to create a NEW Apple Id during the setup of the iPad correct?
And you setup a new one with a new email address?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - Have to go out will contact you again later.

Ed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it is very strange then how it even knows about the old password ***** this is not possible if you created a new one on it.
But go to iCloud in settings, sign out and sign in with the new account you just made.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

It appears that the restore did not complete for some reason because I went straight back into the original settings. I tried three times before it suddenly went right back to set up. I am now up and running.

Many thanks for your expertise.

Best wishes

Ed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Ed!
Enjoy the device and if you ever need anything else, please let me know
thank you