Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

with windows 8.1, is there a cure aol opening screen

with windows 8.1, is there a cure for the aol opening screen freezing and the only way to get access is ro restart/
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To check as there are two ways to access the AOL service. Is this via your web browser? (and if so which internet browser do you use? eg: Internet Explorer)?
Or via the AOL desktop program?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my usual method is via the desktop, this is where i get the failure, if i load via internet expl is is ok

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks James
When did this problem start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 10 days ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This will have occurred via a system corruption so I want to start with a system restore please
Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.
Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.
Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.
Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was working (so before 10 days ago)
Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.
Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.
System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
Then once it has completed tell me if it still freezes.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i authorise YOU to do it for me, thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to accept the offer for the additional service please James then I can do this for you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.