Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cannot open my widows email account

I cannot open my widows email account
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please what exactly happens when you try to open your account?
What error message do you receive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing happens the little blue circle goes rund and round but that it
I don't receive any error message.
Windows live mail has been down for three days.
Luckily I have my iPad which picks up emails, but cannot print them off ! Which I need to do.
How could I respond if I did not have an iPad.
My lap top tells me on the screen that the email address to me was used to register another member.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, are you access windows live mail via your web browser? Or you are referring to the actual windows live mail program on your computer?
And what is the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
You have not helped me at all so far,
I repeat windows live mail on my lap top cannot be opened
I couldn't respond to you if I did not have my iPad.
So far this has been a complete waste of time and money as you have done nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Serena, please answer my question
are you access windows live mail via your web browser? Or you are referring to the actual windows live mail program on your computer?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Serena,
Why are you not answering my questions but relisting the question and making complaints about me? How is this going to get your problem solved?
I really wish you would better respond then like this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What else can I tell you ?
I have got my lap top open and on, when I try to click on to windows live mail, all I get is the icon and the blue circle moving round on it,occasionally it does light up and it says sends and receives emails and manages contacts. What else can I tell you, I'm not an expert on the computer as you have probably realised !
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The answer to my questions Serena that I keep asking you, I will again repeat the questions.
And when did the problem start?
Can you please just answer this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem started 3 days ago.
My email address is *****@******.*** which has been for the 8 years.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you click start, type in
system restore
press enter
Follow the onscreen steps and perform a system restore, choosing the last restore point.
Once done, tell me if it now opens please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Finally got it sorted after 5 attempts
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok good Serena, I am not sure why it took so many attempts but it may have been an issue on your account.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.