Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I use Gmail. When I use the reply box, as I depress each key

I use Gmail. When I use the reply box, as I depress each key the reply box loses a line and I am unable to see the text above. Eventually I can only see the line I am typing.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which internet browser you are using? eg: Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am confused about this, because my Google Chrome will not launch, and I think it is defaulting to Internet Explorer, even though Chrome is set as the browser in Control Panel.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok... so this problem you have, in which browser is it happening in Brian?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My last message explained that I am unsure which browser is operating. I was booking a flight with Easyjet on-line and I was unable to proceed through the website. When I hit Continue I got a blank page labelled Internet Explorer. My old Chrome home page disappeared a few days ago including the Favourites bar. I reset it but I think it has changed to Explorer. The desktop shortcut for Chrome does not respond.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but to fix the problem Brian, I need to know the browser. Sorry, I am not being difficult, but its like fixing a car without knowing the type of car you have.
Go to Gmail now, and try to send an email and then when you have the problem, note the web browser you are using.
I can also do these steps for you directly on your computer, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It appears to be Google.com

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thats a web site Brian.
It is either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In order to get on-line I have to click on the Explorer icon, because the Chrome does not respond. So it appears that I am using the Explorer browser, but the Google search box appears.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer and tell me please if you still have the problem with Gmail.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think your solution worked regarding the email problem. I still have the problem of my Chrome not launching.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, good that this is solved.
For your next problem Brian, I need you please to make a new question from this.
I can then work on solving this one for you as well.
For this question, if would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Google Chrome does not respond