Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Microsoft Office Word 2010: Page numbering: I have prepared

Customer Question

Microsoft Office Word 2010:
Page numbering:
I have prepared a 350 page book with numbered pages.
I want to begin the numbered pages at Page 6.
I don't mind if Page 6 is numbered 1 or 6.
However, the page numbers button on the Insert Section does not provide for this, in that the Format Numbers 'start at page 6' option puts that number onto the first page, whereas I want the first 5 pages to be unnumbered.
Can you help, please?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, in Word, At the end of Page 5, insert a next page section break. Page Layout tab, Page Setup group- click on breaks icon.
In the second section with the page numbers, click in either the header of footer where you have page numbers and on the Header & Footer tools tab, Navigation group, click the "Link to previous" icon to break the link to the first section. Now number things the way you want. You may have to go back into the first section and remove the page
This will start it on page 6 for you.
Let me know the results please