Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Cant recall my yahoo password ***** And unable to access my

Customer Question

Cant recall my yahoo password ***** And unable to access my alternate emails to retrieve reset link. How do i access page to use my security questions to unlock my email and reaccess. My currently on new alternate email *****@******.***. or mobile +61410908392.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your Yahoo Mail issues. Unfortunately, when you forgot the password, the security options are triggered. This means that you are given the option to reset the password ***** the alternate email address, mobile phone number on file, or using the security questions. If you were not re-routed to the security question, then you might have not setup a security question and answer before.
When you tried the reset process, were you not prompted for a reset code through a mobile number?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. No. No longer use mobile number that is linked to email id due to relocation to another country. So what do i do now

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dominic,
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your Yahoo Mail issues. Since your mobile number on file is no longer working, and your alternate or recovery email on file is also outdated and no longer active, then your last option is to submit the recovery form of Yahoo Mail or call them in their elevated tier so that you can get in touch with a Yahoo technician who has access to your actual account information. From there you will then provide verification information to convince Yahoo that you own the account that you are trying to recover.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in this recovery process?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. sure. remote access to solve this.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dominic,
Thank you for your permission to do remote access to help you directly in the recovery process of your Yahoo Mail account.
I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dominic,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, we can use Team Viewer. The procedures below is for Windows users, if you are using Mac, please let me know.
1. Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
2. In that page, please DO NOT click on the big green "Download" button.
3. Instead, please click on the link that says "Join Remote Control Session" and you shall be able to download the remote tool for free.
4. After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you will see in the small team viewer window so that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
I will wait for the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you reply so that I can connect to your computer.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

386 346 227.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Dominic,
Please also give me the password ***** that I can connect.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4394

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** connecting now.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dominic,
Thank you for your patience. Indeed, the only option left for you to recover your Yahoo Mail account was the submission of the recovery form, which was already done through remote support.
Please wait for Yahoo people to contact you through your gmail account regarding the progress of the recovery.
Thank you for using our service. If you need further assistance with this, just let me know, I will be happy to assist you further.
Best regards,
Jess