Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My remote is not connected to my YouView box. I have tried

My remote is not connected to my YouView box. I have tried the instructions in the booklet, eg. Press Search until the TalkTalk button flashes three time and stays lit. Then press and hold the number (4 -Panasonic)until TV switches off, release the number button. Switch on again when TalkTalk button on remote flashes. Could you fix this from your end? I am 82 years old and can't think of anything else to do. I cannot record at the moment, which is very frustrating. I can get normal programmes on my TV but not YouView ones. I would really appreciate your help. I have checked the plugs and they are OK.
.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
We cannot on hour end do anything as nothing on our end effects it. But I will work with you to see what the problem is.
As the first step, remove the power to your Youview box and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power again, turn it on and tell me if the remote is now connecting.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Eureka!! Yes, but does this mean all the recorded programmes that were on the TV before this problem will not be available? There are some which have Failed against them but others which just say Not Watched. I have just tried to get some of these up (the ones recorded prior to the problem) but my screen just goes blank. Should I delete them all and start again?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You are best to delete and start again Linda, this is safest.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.