Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I was transferred from (not at my request) to TalkTalk

Customer Question

I was transferred from Virgin (not at my request) to TalkTalk w.e.f. 19 February and Outlook and Explorer have failed frequently ever since. TalkTalk say it is an Openreach problem; Openreach say their system delivers the correct broadband strength. Open reach have had engineers at the house twice; a TalkTalk engineer has been here once.
I have spoken to many, many TalkTalk people who give different reasons from each other. I am at my wits end for the 5 weeks I have been with TalkTalk and am no further forward than at day1. Can I get an independent person to adjudicate or can I go to someone like the ombudsman?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly how outlook and internet explorer are failing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I put on my email address it says "This email address was used to register another member. My name is ***** ***** Styles. *****@******.***

For email I get a message "The server you entered cannot be found on the net work." Ref: 0x80040900

For internet I get "This page cannot be displayed.

I occurs when I am already using the computer and when I go on after not using it for a period.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How is the computer connecting to the internet? Via wireless or a cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cable

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt
Then restart the computer and check if it now has internet.
Let me know the results please