Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

BT changed the password ***** on my computer. I cannot now

BT changed the password ***** on my computer. I cannot now get my email on the Ipad.
In trying to sort it out with Bt when I now go into settings it is frozen on trying to verify the account. can you unfreeze it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then see if you can edit the settings.

If that does not work, please note all the incoming / outgoing mail servers and port numbers, etc., then delete the account
, then add account, then select option Other, then option Add Mail Account, and continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My ipad does not have the buttons where you say they are it is probably the earlier model no: DMQG66FYDHW. IF I was to delete the account I would lose the numbers, since there are no numbers on the page frozen. Please advise.

Howell

01244 679682

I'm sorry. Do you mean the Apple iPad? If it is Apple iPad, then please click on the image below to see where the Home and Power buttons are:

graphic

If needed, you can also try pressing & hold the Power on/off button on the iPad for about 12 seconds (or slide off if shown on the screen), then turn it back on and check.

If it is not Apple, but a different brand, please let me know.

Do you mean phone numbers or contacts? Deleting the email account does not affect the numbers / contacts.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that, Yes I found the on/off button,however whilst frozen the juice ran out over night and when charged, my email appeared mysteriously

and I shall leave well alone. I therefore do not now require to be a member.

Rather an expensive exercise caused by bts request for change of password ***** security change.

You're welcome. I'm sorry about that. I'm an independent computer / tablet technician; I'm not affiliated with BT. Great, I'm glad you got it working now. When your device ran out of charge, the device was able to turn off completely, then when it was turned back on; its memory is fresh. In the future, you can use my step to quickly reboot the device whenever it freezes or when it runs slow. If you need help with anything else, please let me know. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.

Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.