A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

The right hand side of the page does not print - HP laserjet

The right hand side of the page does not print - HP laserjet 2550L
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Have you attempted anything software wise ?

A. Stevens :

We might try reinstalling the driver/software for the printer

Customer:

I have not tried re-installing software. But this happens when I am trying to print through the parallel port (printing in Dos,Basic program as well as through windows.

A. Stevens :

Thanks for that info.

A. Stevens :

Have you attempted to connect via USB?

Customer:

Yes, when I say via windows, it is through the usb, and I have done this through both of my computers. The printer is on one, and the other goes through it. Same result.

A. Stevens :

I understand

A. Stevens :

Have you attempted to change the toner cartridge yet?

A. Stevens :

Does this happen specifically with B&W or Color? Or all the time?

Customer:

It happens with both Black, and with colours. Toner cartridges are all quite fresh, as is the drum(s). We thought that it was the drum, and a second one was supplied. Can it be the diffuser is part burnt out? If so where is it? Is it worth changing?

A. Stevens :

It very well could be the fuser yes. Probably not worth changing though...from my search it is pretty hard to find and also expensive. Probably better off purchasing a new printer.

Customer:

Okay, not what I wanted to hear with all these toner cartridges! But I'jj see what I can pick up from ebay. Thanks

A. Stevens :

No problem..sorry about that. Unfortunately sometimes hardware can just go bad...

A. Stevens :

Hope I was able to answer your question.

A. Stevens :

If you don't mind, please do rate my service here today, would really be appreciated.