Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cannot connect to WiFi. I have tried all the suggestions

I cannot connect to WiFi. I have tried all the suggestions on kindle.com/support. I bought a kindle book today and the message was I could see and read it straightaway as it was sent to my kindle. It is not listed on my device as my WiFi appears locked.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the error you get when you try to connect to the wifi network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The kindle does not accept the Wireless password ***** Broadband password ***** the Router password ***** EE-BrightBox-q233qh.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Irene.
Do you have a computer that is connected already to the wifi? And if so, is it a Mac or Windows computer and which version?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is Windows XP

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The issue is the password ***** entered is incorrect, so we need to get the correct password ***** we can from the computer.
To do this, download this free program via my link below
http://www.nirsoft.net/toolsdownload/wirelesskeyview.zip
Open the ZIP file and run the program. It will then tell you the wifi password ***** the computer is using. This is the password ***** use when connecting to the wifi on the Kindle.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I opened the zip file and ran the programme but didn't see the wifi password!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was worried that I might loose my computer files so will not continue with you. I am not willing to pay more for the Remote Support.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How would you lose your computer files Irene??
Anyway, if you wish to continue we can get the password ***** from the router.
Whats the make and model of your router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The make is EE

Model is BrightBox Wireless Router.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the actual router itself is a label.
On it you will see Your wireless password (also called a security key or wireless network key)
This is what you need to enter on the Kindle
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have entered the wireless password ***** answer incorrect password.

I entered this password ***** with the same result.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds then release.
Then on the router remove the power
Wait 5 minute then connect the power to the wifi router
then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and try to connect it to the wifi.
Let me know the results please