Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

my husband has an email address which is accepted but they

Customer Question

my husband has an email address which is accepted but they have problems with his pass word
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Is his email address ending with @yahoo.com? @hotmail.com? @gmail.com? or others?
Also, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari to access the email account? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010 or 2013?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we both are not very good with technical things but his email is @hotmail.com

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mary,
Thank you for writing back with that information.
Now did he access his Hotmail account? Using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari to access the email account? Or is he using an email program like MS Outlook 2010 or 2013?
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

try to access Chrome with no result

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mary,
I am very sorry about the persisting issue. Have you tried to reset the Hotmail account so that you can setup a new password?
Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering your husband's hotmail account?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Mary,
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Mary,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, we can use Team Viewer. Please follow the steps below:
1. Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
2. In that page, please DO NOT click on the big green "Download" button.
3. Instead, please click on the link that says "Join Remote Control Session" and you shall be able to download the remote tool for free.
4. After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you will see in the small team viewer window so that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
I will wait for the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you reply so that I can connect to your computer.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID No ********* /p>

P. 5730

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mary,
Thank you for the info but I cannot see the ID you posted since it is shown to me as *********.
Please post it again but place several spaces between every 3 digits like 123 456 789.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 214 523 960

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Mary,

Did you close the team viewer window? I asked you NOT to close it so that I can connect to your computer.

Please open it again, then you will get a new password. Please give me the NEW password ***** shown there in the team viewer window and KEEP it open.

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess I did not close the window as you requested

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Mary,
If the team viewer window is still open, then the ID that you gave me, 214 523 960, is incorrect.
Please check and give me the ID that you see there in the team viewer window.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Mary,
It appears that you just run the team viewer tool so you must have a NEW password ***** Please give me the new password ***** that I can connect.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess

I have gone in again and ID and PW have come up

214 523 960

8739

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mary,
Thank you for your patience. The issue was resolved through remote help. We were able to reset his hotmail account using your hotmail account which is an alternate or recovery email of his hotmail. Now, you have successfully set a new password, please do not forget the password ***** that you will have no trouble signing in to the account again.
Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess