Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How can I receive Outlook emails on ipad

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Is your email account ending with @outlook.com? @hotmail.com? or @live.com?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jess

my account is *****@******.***

Harald

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harald,
Thank you for writing back but I am sorry I cannot see the email address you posted since it is shown to me as ******@*****.*** for policy reasons. Please post it but replace the @ sign with AT, like jessATmyemail.com.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

chairmanATshoutunfairtax.org.uk

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harald,
Thank you for that information. So this is an email account with a custom or corporate or organizational domain.
Before I can provide you the detailed procedures, can you please tell me the company who hosted your website and email? Is it godaddy.com? Heart Internet?
Also, are you able to access this email account using a regular computer using an email program like MS Outlook?
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can access it on my pc using MS Outlook

I think it was hosted by hotmail.com

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harald,
Thank you for that confirmation. One last thing, in your iPad, do you already have existing email accounts and you just want to add this @shoutunfairtax.org.uk email account to the Mail program? Or this is the first email to be added to your iPad's Mail app?
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are existing aol.com accounts

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harald,
Thank you for that information. So it means that you have been using the Mail app in your iPad and you will just need to ADD this @shout email address there.
Please do the following steps:
1. Locate and tap the "Settings" icon.
2. Select or tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendar"
3. Select or tap "Add accounts"
4. Select "Other"
5. Select or tap "Add Mail Account"
6. Then enter the following information in the spaces provided:
Name — Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
Address — Enter your entire email address.
Password — Enter the password ***** your email account.
Description — Enter a descriptive name for the account (e.g., Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
7. Tap NEXT when done entering the info above.
8. In the next screen, select IMAP tab at the top if it is NOT yet selected.
9. Now is the critical part, entering your INCOMING Mail server for the Host Name. For your account, enter:
imap.shoutunfairtax.org.uk
10. For the username, enter your FULL email address
11. Then enter the password
12. For the OUTGOING Mail server section, for the Host Name, enter:
smtp.shoutunfairtax.org.uk
13. Enter your full email address for the user name
14. Then enter the password
15. When finished, tap NEXT.
16. Turn ON Mail in the next screen
17. Then press SAVE to finish
That is all! Your email should be working on your ipad.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the email account has already been added but it will not receive incoming emails

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Harald,
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your issues. Are you saying that you did not follow the steps I gave you because it is already there?
Please check it for me if the account was added as POP or IMAP. If it is added as POP, please remove the account then add it again using the procedures I gave you.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i haven't yet checked the second part of your instructions

i will now check them and get back to you

this may take some time

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes Harald, please take your time. Just let me know your results so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

after entering outgoing details and tapping next i received message

cannot connect using ssl

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Harald,
Please wait for few seconds after the error message and it shall prompt you to connect without SSL. Then click YES to continue.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

new message after clicking yes

imap.shoutunfairtax.org.uk not responding

Check network connection and check correct information in incoming mail server

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Harald,
This happens if your email server does not support IMAP. Please check your Outlook settings and see if the same email there is setup as POP or IMAP. If it is setup as POP in your MS Outlook, let us redo the procedures and set up the email as POP instead of IMAP in your ipad.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i received a new message

this account may not be able to send or receive emails. are you sure you want to save?

How can i check Outlook settings without losing my connection with you?

should i just restart the whole procedure and select POP?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Harald,
At this point, you can delete the @shout account from your iPad since it is not working anyway, then add it as POP. This case, you will do the steps I gave you but select POP instead of IMAP.
For the POP settings or incoming mail, you need to enter pop.shoutunfairtax.org.uk instead of imap.shoutunfairtax.org.uk
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately it does not work with either imap orpop

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Harald,
Do you have access to your Outlook in the PC now? Can you please check and tell me the server settings there?
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i do that will i lose connection with you?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
No, just do not close this window so that we are still connected. Or you can bookmark this page so that you can get back to me anytime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i find the server settings?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
What version of Outlook are you using so that I can give you the exact procedures?
Outlook 2010? 2007 or 2013?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2013

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Haralnd,
Please open Outlook then click on File => Account Settings => Account Settings.
Click on the email address in the list then click on Change. There you shall see the incoming and outgoing email server names.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

imap/smtp

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
So indeed the setup is Imap. Now, you need to delete the current Pop account of @shout then add it again as imap. If you are getting the same error, just let me know so that we can configure the ports for the imap and SSL.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have re-entered as imap and receive same error message

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Harald,
Thank you for writing back. Now, please do the following changes to the newly added @shout account on your iPad:
Select your newly-created email account, tap on Account, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and then tap Advanced. Make sure your settings match those below. To edit a setting, tap it and select an alternate setting or enter the appropriate information.
Incoming Settings:
Use SSL: OFF
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 993
On the top-left, tap Account to go back to the previous screen, and then tap SMTP under "Outgoing Mail Server".
Tap on mail.yourdomain.com under "Primary Server".
Make sure that your settings match the settings below. You will likely need to modify the Server Port.
Outgoing Mail Server:
Host Name: smtp.shoutunfairtax.org.uk
User Name: your full email address
Password: Your password
Use SSL: OFF
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 25 (or 2525 if you are unable to send emails with port 25).
Save and then test if the email works this time.
I hope that helped.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

advanced didnt bring up settings

changing port to 25 or 2525 didnt help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Unfortunately, although Jess tried very hard he has not found a solution to my problem. How to receive Outlook emails on ipad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Outlook is already installed on my ipad

Have you seen all the manoeuvres Jess tried unsuccessfully?

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

All I see is about Outlook on your PC not on the iPad?? He was referring to Mail, Contacts & Calendars which is not Outlook that is the built in Mail app.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I really dont understand what information you are requesting, but suggest you look at all the hours of question & answer which Jess and I have spent on trying unsuccessfully to resolve this problem

Yes I have looked I see nothing about the actual Microsoft Outlook app on the iPad he mentions Mail, Contacts & Calendars which is not Outlook...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont understand. Please explain what measures you are proposing to solve this problem

So you have the actual Micorosft Outlook app installed on the iPad you are not using the built in Apple Mailapp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have installed Microsoft Outlook on my ipad. I use microsoft on my pc. One specific email address is received on the pc via Outlook and I require to be able to read it on my ipad

OK it looks like that domian is registerd at http://www.123-reg.co.uk is that also your email host? Can you login here?

https://webmail.123-reg.co.uk/login/