Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I am trying to update my adobe flash and have been requested

Customer Question

I am trying to update my adobe flash and have been requested to enter my wireless password. However I have a new wifi password ***** NETGEAR55 which is wateryviolet511
Please can you amend your records so I can use this password ***** download Adobe flash player
Muriel McVaney
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or a Mac?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using a Mac

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. I believe the password ***** it requires to install Adobe Flash is NOT your wifi password, but the password ***** your Mac user account.
Please try to enter your mac user account password ***** and see if Flash will install successfully this time.
Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 81, have had the mac for some years and cannot remember the Mac user account password ***** it will be difficult for me to locate it. Can you make any suggestion for an alternative identification please

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issue.
The user account password ***** your Mac is the one you need to enter when you turn on your Mac.
Or are you saying that when you turn on your Mac, it goes directly to the screen without prompting you for a password?
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it does turn on immediately

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that confirmation.
Now, since your user account is not password ***** when you try to install Flash player, when you are prompted for the password, please try to leave the password ***** and click OK and see if the installation continues.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It just says the name or password ***** entered is incorrect

So your suggestion is unfortunately not working. I did try entering my name in the password ***** but that didn’t work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you able to help my further please

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. This time, please create a password ***** your Mac user account. When the account is password ***** use this newly set password ***** prompted during installation.
However, when you turn on your Mac, you are prompted for a password ***** sign in, it will not go directly to the screen.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
How is it going? Were you able to set a password ***** your Mac user account? Please let me know if you are stuck so that I can provide you with detailed procedures.
Best regards,
Jess