Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Josh, I have come back from abroad and not brought my phone(lost) so cannot prove my i

Customer Question

Hi Josh,
I have come back from abroad and not brought my phone(lost) so cannot prove my identity when I login to yahoo as I need to verify by text or phone from my home i.p. address.
I emailed yahoo support last Friday and have not heard back. Some of the companies that say they can sort this out have wanted me to give card details over the phone which worries me.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the part BEFORE the @yahoo in your email address? Please only provide the BEFORE part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

markdterra

and my other account(also unobtainable) is :

dodoxuk

Cheers, Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Mark.

When you emailed support, which email did you send to or how did you contact them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I used this email and a secondary one was my wife's.

Cheers, Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mark,

What I meant was which email did you send the email to at Yahoo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was within the yahoo central email support system. I now am having trouble finding it but basically it allowed you to send an enquiry and giving emails for them to reply to.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the long wait, Mark.

I will make sure that your message is relayed to the right team. I am going to send you an additional services offer, please accept it so I can submit the request on your behalf. (It is not an instant process but it will guarantee it goes to the right department to fix the issue)
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Undecided

If this works I'll be all smiles. Thank you for tenacity.

Cheers, Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. One last question: What email do you have access to that Yahoo can contact you at? Please type it by replacing the @ symbol with the word "AT" such as josh AT yahoo so it is not blocked by our filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Josh,

My newly created yahoo email is shown in private contact info field.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. (I must reply back to see the private field option)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Josh,

The new email a/c is markdoherty252 at yahoo.co.uk

Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Mark.

You would like both emails to be recovered right?

markdterra

dodoxuk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that's correct

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Great!

I will need your date of birth, postal code, and if you remember your security question/answer. You can reply back in the private section
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have put the DOB and PC in the private contact section.

The security question is difficult.

It could be :

memorable place:Zanzibar

mothers maiden name:wallis

memorable name:sspurs

Incidentally I subscribed to yahoo Premium but don't see what good that does. The yahoo reference on my bank remittance was ********** for £11.99 last year. I can't access it as I access my emails and from searching through the web it doesn't seem to have any alternative contact method.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it out now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rightho

Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Mark,

For your markdterra email: An incident 11577655 has been created for you.

For your dodoxuk email: An incident 11577677 has been created for you.

Please allow up to 72 hours. If you do not hear anything, please let me know and we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Josh,

Great news, markdterra is up and running. I have heard nothing concerning dodoxuk as yet(115777677).

Cheers, Mark

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
That is great news!

Let me know about the other account