Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Network Administrator
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist experienced at setting up and administrating email accounts.
76287196

I have 2 gmail accounts and I have tried adding an account

Customer Question

I have 2 gmail accounts and I have tried adding an account to another but the second email is not coming through on the phone.
I went to the add account option on gmail, it told me to sign into second gmail account, did that and I am assuming that was all I needed to do
Help please
Category: Email
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

Let's check to see how your second account is configured. Go to Gmail > Manage Accounts. Uou should see both accounts listed there. Select the second account and make sure that the Sync Gmail box is checked. Then select the Sync Now button at the bottom left of the screen. This should allow your gmail messages to come through. You will see them in your inbox.

Joel Kalman, Network Administrator
Experience: I am a self-employed computer specialist experienced at setting up and administrating email accounts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is the second account the second email address, as I only want the second email account going into my main account, if that makes any sense what I am trying to say

Mary -

If you only want one gmail account on your phone, you should delete the first account before adding the second one. In other words, delete all gmail accounts and start over, adding only the account that you want.

Cheers,

Hi Mary,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Please let me know,
Joel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it didn't, I got help

The below answer helped

In your Primary (the one you want to send and receive all of your mail from) Gmail account click Settings at the top right hand corner of your screen.
Click the Accounts tag.

Select Reply from the same address the message was sent to under When I receive a message sent to one of my addresses:

Click Add another email address. A window will pop up.

Fill in the correct information for your secondary email account and click

Next Step.

Click Send Verification. Close the pop-up window.

Switch to the Secondary email account and click the verification link in the email sent from Gmail.

Still in your Secondary email account, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab found under Settings at the top right corner of the screen.

Type your Primary email address in the Forward a copy of incoming mail to box.

Then pick an option from the drop-down list:
– keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox
– archive Gmail’s copy
– delete Gmail’s copy

Click Save Changes.
forward emails from one account to another

Switch to your Primary email account, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Labels box on the left-hand side of the window.

Click Edit labels at the bottom of the Labels box.

Click in the box under Create a new label: and type a name for your label. You could use the actual email address if you want.

Click Create.

Still in the Primary email account, click the Filters tab, which is next to the Labels tab, and then click Create a new filter.

Type your secondary email address in the To: box.

Click Next Step.

Click in the box next to Skip Inbox to select it.

Click in the box next to Apply the label: to select it and pick the label you created from the drop-down list.

Click Create Filter.

That’s it. Now, emails from your Secondary email account will download into your Primary email account and automatically go into the Label (folder) that you specified. Using Filters helps to keep your email separate and organized so you don’t have all of the emails from multiple email accounts going into the same Inbox.

You will also be able to send emails from both email accounts from the Primary email account without ever having to switch to the Secondary email account.

Okay. I am glad that you have resolved your problem to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.