Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am having problems with gmail setup I am trying to link two

Customer Question

I am having problems with gmail setup I am trying to link two accounts as I have 2 email addresses. I have a primary account and then leisure account. I have tried to do this on my laptop, so I have go into gmail primary account, added second account, which then tells me to sign into the second account.
It does not tell me to do anything else. So I am not sure what to do to complete sync, so that I can have the second email going to primary. Not sure how it will work. Just don't want to be signing into 2 separate accounts all the time especially on the andriod phone (Samsung S4)
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, you need to do the following
In your Primary (the one you want to send and receive all of your mail from) Gmail account click Settings at the top right hand corner of your screen.
Click the Accounts tag.
Select Reply from the same address the message was sent to under When I receive a message sent to one of my addresses:
Click Add another email address. A window will pop up.
Fill in the correct information for your secondary email account and click
Next Step.
Click Send Verification. Close the pop-up window.
Switch to the Secondary email account and click the verification link in the email sent from Gmail.
Still in your Secondary email account, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab found under Settings at the top right corner of the screen.
Type your Primary email address in the Forward a copy of incoming mail to box.
Then pick an option from the drop-down list:
– keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox
– archive Gmail’s copy
– delete Gmail’s copy
Click Save Changes.
forward emails from one account to another
Switch to your Primary email account, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Labels box on the left-hand side of the window.
Click Edit labels at the bottom of the Labels box.
Click in the box under Create a new label: and type a name for your label. You could use the actual email address if you want.
Click Create.
Still in the Primary email account, click the Filters tab, which is next to the Labels tab, and then click Create a new filter.
Type your secondary email address in the To: box.
Click Next Step.
Click in the box next to Skip Inbox to select it.
Click in the box next to Apply the label: to select it and pick the label you created from the drop-down list.
Click Create Filter.
That’s it. Now, emails from your Secondary email account will download into your Primary email account and automatically go into the Label (folder) that you specified. Using Filters helps to keep your email separate and organized so you don’t have all of the emails from multiple email accounts going into the same Inbox.
You will also be able to send emails from both email accounts from the Primary email account without ever having to switch to the Secondary email account.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great in-depth information, thank you very much for that.

It works perfectly, Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Mary
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the service rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Happy new year

I hope all is well with you.

I am trying to forward my emails from one gmail account to another. I am doing this again from another account but it seemed to only do it for a week. I want it forwarded on a permanent basis.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary and happy new year!
May I asked please you make a new question from this.
You can do so via my link below
Thanks!
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=12301