Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I deleted my email account by accident on my galaxy 2 tab,

Customer Question

I deleted my email account by accident on my galaxy 2 tab, now any mail goes into gmail which works on my tablet and computer. If I try to send a email with my email account the errow comes up not connected to server. My server is up and clearly can been seen when I go into it for outgoing and incoming settings The port for incoming mail server is 993 , under( Imap sever ) outgoings , it says email .maybe I should edit and put somthing else in , but the problem is I don't know what to put in there.. and the same applies to outgoing only a different port number.I don't think I didn't completely delete everything only the email account.How do I retreive my email acount. I don't want to set up a new account unless I have to . I want to as before to be able to have my email correponding in unison with gmail across my tablet.
Can you help me My name is ***** ***** and I think I asked you a year ago another question which worked out perfectly .I am 74 years old so make it as easy as possible inexplaining, I usually fix things myself by working it out with forums or hard graft on my part .
Category: Email
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Are you able to receive emails on your tab 2 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only in gmail

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you have multiple email account on your tab 2 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think so

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't , but would you explain is it to do with accounts

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
No, actually when I asked that, if you can receive emails on your tab or not, you said that, only on gmail. That is why I thought that, you are using multiple email accounts on your tab.

So, you can receive emails on your tab, but cannot send , right ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that's right.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, we will start from the beginning. Please delete the email account once more, following the steps below and reply me back.

1. From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
  2. Scroll to and tap Email.
  3. While viewing the account you want to delete, tap the Menu icon.
  4. Tap Settings.
  5. Tap Delete account.
  6. Tap to check the preferred account and then tap Delete.
  7. Tap Delete to confirm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will get back tomorrow night to you much earlier say seven o clock , going to bed now Supdito with thanks .

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem. I may be offline at that time, but I will definitely get back to you, as soon as I get back online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thank You.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sudipto , I have done what you said, deleted the account ok:

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am online now. Please reply me back, if you want to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please,

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the link below and then watch the video for the instructions to add your google or gmail account then, let me know the result.

Please remember note any error message, if you get during the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVV_DXCEHHM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I go into google I have an existing one because the green is up on

Google , when I press google I put in my password ***** it says I already have a account so I tapped into new email account and sign in but not authtenicated was the errow .where do I go from here Sudtiop.previously I remember doing the same thing during the week and the results were the same for me too,this is where I met this stumbling bloc.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I the don't think the account was deleted, because if you have deleted the account then, didn't see the error message. Please watch the video from the link below and follow the steps to delete the gmail account from the tab and reply me back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weuCaqenBWo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I press on the email icon it doesn'do, what it says on the video.All it does is only to do with set up.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any gmail icon on the application list ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes , but I tried that and went into settings to try and remove but their is no place for to delete the account at the top .

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, please go to settings and let me know, if you see google under accounts or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I think I have deleted the google account while I was waiting for your answer

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, now open settings once more and then touch on google under accounts then, let me know, what options do you see ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The option is do you want a new or existing account

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, touch existing then, enter your gmail address and password ***** touch sign in and let me know, what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked it saying back up and restore

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, now if you have completed the steps then try to open the email app and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It saying to set up and consfigure

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, close that and look for "Gmail" app (not google in the settings) in the application menu and let me know, if you see it or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All its saying is to sync and sortbout your settings

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you have to sync to get the emails , after the sync is complete, which may take some time, depending on the number of emails on your account. Try to send an email from the gmail app and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you get it Sudipto?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
What ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you receive the email I sent that you told me to send on?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I don't ask you to send me any email. I just wanted to know, if you are able to send email from your tab or not, which was your actual problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am I driving you mad Sudipto, sorry about that . The answer is .yes

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
No, not at all. If you are able to send email then, I think your problem is solved now. Please remember to give positive rating (smiley faces) below and click the submit button to complete the rating and you can also add some tip, only if you wish, if you have any more queries regarding this problem then, you can reply me back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But the email tab is still not working and thats where the proplem was originally, when I tap on the tab for the email icon it justs wants to set up my @ gmail .com and password ***** Now I know I can send an email now but thats brilliant , but the email icon tab on my home apps should work in unison with gmail as well,

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
You can just create a shortcut of the gmail app on the home screen,gmail app is specially developed for gmail accounts. There is no need to use the email app now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok then, thanks for that Sudipto .you were very good and my son who is a network engineer , I didn't want to ask him because he says I drive him mad and thats why I prefer to pay for it he is no bother

. Now recently married and gone from home he's even less bother now will give you 10 euros ok

And Thanks Again.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
If you need to setup the "Email" app then, reply me back, otherwise please give positive rating below, without that my time and effort will be wasted.