Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Suddenly I cannot delete, send or move e-mails although they

Customer Question

Suddenly I cannot delete, send or move e-mails although they continue to arrive. The mouse does not seem to have any effect. Monica Smith
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?
Also, how do you access your email? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Safari or Chrome? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I access internet via Google Chrome. Windows XP Monica D_Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Monica,
Thank you for writing back with that information. So are you saying that you also access your email using Google Chrome?
Also, please tell me the domain name part of your problem email account. Is it @yahoo.com? @hotmail.com? @gmail.com? @aol.com? or others?
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My account used to be with aol but this was changed to TalkTalk a couple of months ago but I still retain the aol.address. Monica Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. So your email address ends with @aol.com and you are using the Chrome browser. I believe this issue with your email is with your Chrome browser only since there is no reported downtime for AOL as of today.
Your Chrome browser could have accumulated bulk of unwanted temporary files causing this issue, or a plugin present in your Chrome could have made some incompatibility with your AOL.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please try the remote option. Monica Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Monica,
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Monica,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session:
1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=24543c44-6597-454d-aed9-86fea11d66c6
2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.
Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded three times but it will not open when I click "Run". Monica Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok... Let us try another tool. This time we will use Team Viewer free version.
Please do these:
1. Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
2. In that page, please DO NOT click on the big green "Download" button.
3. Instead, please click on the link that says "Join Remote Control Session" and you shall be able to download the remote tool for free.
4. After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you will see in the small team viewer window so that I can remote in. Also, PLEASE DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
I will wait for the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you reply so that I can connect to your computer.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At last got connecte: ID ********* Password ***** Hope this helps. Monica Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Monica,
Thank you for writing back and we are almost there. I cannot see the ID that you posted, it is shown to me as *********.
Please post it again but please provide several spaces after every 3 digits like 123 456 789.
Also, please keep the team viewer window open so that I can connect.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

374 054 079 Is that better? Monica Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I got the ID now. Please keep team viewer open, I am connecting now.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Monica,
Are you sure that the team viewer tool is still running there? I cannot connect, it says Team Viewer is NOT running from your end.
If it is still running and you can still see the small team viewer window there, then it means the 9 digit code you gave me, 374 054 079, is incorrect.
Please give me the correct ID so that I can connect.
Please remember also that if you close and open team viewer, the ID will remain the same but the password ***** always change.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry time is running out - I will have to abandon this now as I have to do out.but hope to get in touch again later. Thanks for our efforts. Monica Smith

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Monica,
Yes, please take your time and we can resume with this later or any time when we are both online.
Just notify me when you are back so that I can assist you immediately if I am online. I am from a different time zone, it is now 8:03PM in my country.
Best regards,
Jess