John
John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT industry for the past 10 years.
50152684

Richard. Yesterday someone got into my Gmail and sent an

Hi Richard. Yesterday someone got into my Gmail and sent an email seeking money to my contacts. I changed my acct settings and switched to a 2step verification process. I m concerned he set up a yahoo email acct in my name which he used to redirect responses. My wife who has a yahoo acct clicked on hacking. Is this enough?
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your gmail account. I will try my best to help you.It is good to set-up 2step verification processSir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better1. Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other1.have you changed you gmail password ***** the hacking?2.Did you check your password ***** options like phone number and email linked for password ***** process?3.In G-mail settings forward POP/IMAP options can you see the hackers email added in top option called Forwarding?Sincerely,JohnNote: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email immediately after i reply. To reply back to me type in the box below
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Yes to all questions 1, 2, and 3. I have also noticed that all my gmails have been deleted yet the memory usage is still the same.Is there any way of retrieving those emails I cannot find? Is there anything else I can do about the email address he had set up for forwarding, which bears my full name? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for replying back to me sir.Most of the hackers delete the emails and your contacts. Did you check the emails in the trash ?If you can see the email address that is created by the hacker for forwarding your emails in gmail then you can delete that forwarding address in the forward POP/IMAP options in gmail settings.could you please try it and let me know.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir if you have difficulty doing the above let me know and i can remote access to your PC and do it for you.
You can see what all i am doing in your PC.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have found all of them in the bin. I have tried selecting all 110k of them and move back into the Inbox in bulk, but Google has a problem #793.

Happy to give remote access.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=706e1180-9e4c-426f-a0cb-a9e34ff09919 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. Then it will ask to launch application click on Run to launch application, if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. It now seems to have worked. What do I do about the yahoo account fraudulently set up in my name?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Good to know that you were able to retrieve your emails.The only thing you can do about the fake yahoo account created in your name by the hacker is to remove it from your forwarding section in your forward POP/IMAP options in gmail settingsYou mentioned in the question that your wife had already reported the fake yahoo account created in your name by the hacker as hacked am i correct?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have removed it from the forward to POP/IMAP.

My wife went into her email and "reported it as hacked". Will Yahoo now ensure this email address is deleted. How does it work when someone has set up a new email address with my name?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Good to know that you have removed it from forwarding address.I am confused about your wife's email account is that the email address added in your gmail forwarding option ?Or did your wife reported using her account to report yahoo about the fake yahoo account created in your name by the hacker?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is correct. She marked the mass email he sent from my gmail (with the auto forward to the new yahoo email account) as "as being hacked". She marked it in her yahoo email account.

We have not found any other way of telling yahoo that the new account has been set up by a fraudster using my name. How do we do that?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you i was checking for more details.In your wife's yahoo email inbox does she have the hacker created yahoo email address in your name?Also do you know how your wife reported it as hacked i mean using which option in here yahoo account?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just checked. She reported the gmail address as being hacked by clicking on the email the hacker sent using my gmail and clicking under Spam and Reported as Hacked. How do we report the yahoo email address which he used for forwarding as being fraudulent?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Here are few yahoo customer care numbers ***-***-****,***-***-****,***-***-**** and 1-***-***-****.See if you report about the fake yahoo email account.In the mean time i will give you some email address to report this fake account using for scams.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi customer care numbers are showing as stars. Yes, please give the email addresses to report this fake account.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I am really sorry about that sir,its because of the privacy setting in this page. please use these email address to report it with the fake email message (spam at yahoo.com or spoof at yahoo.com or abuse at yahoo.com) ( i had replaced @ in the email address with at and space before and after at so that it wont be blocked as stars)Also if you want to report it further outside yahoo you can check the details in this link http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/identitytheft_whattodo.phpSend a detailed email to any the above email address including proof of fraud using fake email account.I hope this helps i once again apologize for the delay in getting back to you i was trying to find more details for you. Is there anything else you like to know?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to be safe is there a way for me move all my gmail emails to an external hard drive so that I can move my personal emails away from gmail?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
You cannot move emails as readable format to a external hard drive but you can configure your gmail as pop3 in a email client like windows live mail ,outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird and store the emails in it but remember to read the emails you need the adjacent email client.Were you able to read the above email address i gave above?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i was able to read them. thank you for your help.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Glad to know that is there anything else you like to know sir?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no that is all thank you. have a good day.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome sir and thank you for your cooperation and Patience too .Please rate positively using the options just below this chat box or above this page,select the rating and click on submit that will do it. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/