Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

How can I withdraw an email that has been sent?

Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.In some company networks with their own mail servers it is possible to recall an email if the email server allows it. This is why you may see reference to recalling mail online if you search around. Unfortunately unless you are one a network like this and see the option available within outlook it is not possible. Your account no longer has control over that message once it is sent. The only thing I can suggest is to send another email explaining that it was sent in error.I am really sorry that there is not a way to recall it completely but as I said the message is already in their inbox at this point so it is out of your accounts control. It is the same thing as if you left someone a voice mail there would be no way to "unleave" the message. It is also the same as sending someone a letter through the post, once you drop it in the post box you no longer have control but with email this all happens within 1 second or so. If you wish to discuss further or need clarification of anything I have said please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.I am sorry about that but it is the truth and there is no way to recall the message.Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris