Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I cannot get my emails on my laptop, was fine until 2 days

Customer Question

I cannot get my emails on my laptop, was fine until 2 days ago and all of a sudden no emails comming in, I am geting them fine on my other dievices.
Category: Email
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
How are you accessing emails on the laptop ? Is it through an email application and who is the email with?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $34 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I click on the mail window on my laptop to get into my emails, and the email is with Tiscali

mail window, is that windows live mail or outlook?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It will be outlook

Do a send/receive (all accounts) on Outlook and tell me what the error number is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a windows 8 htc laptop, I do not have an error number sorry. I have done scans for virus etc.

There is always an error number in Outlook if it is unable to receive emails, this error is not visible directly until you do a send/receive all so a small pane opens up and reports the status of sending/receiving. Virus scan in this case is not related to Outlook.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is Windows mail I have just gone to my emails and tried to send and it says that my email address is unavailable

Can you type me the exact message please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

at the top right had corner when i try to send an email it says XXXXXXXXXX is unavailable.

Please delete and re-add the account, then test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry i have not managed to do that, I will just have to see if I can get a friend to look for me. Thank you

No problem. If you need me, then i am here for assisting. Thanks