A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Thunderbird works fine on my desktop, but on my laptop, I get

Thunderbird works fine on my desktop, but on my laptop, I get messages that it fails too connect to my Talk Talk provider. Talk talk say that they have confirmed that there is no fault at their end.
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Is your email also through talk talk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Thanks for that info, and I'm assuming the laptop is connected to the internet without any issues correct? Is it using the same internet connection as your desktop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The desktop has a wired connection. The laptop is connected by WiFi. This works normally with the Firefox browser and other internet applications, but I keep getting a message on Thunderbird that it is not connecting. Intermittently I get a footnote that the server is not connected.

Some messages IN work normally. Outgoing messages do not.

Incidentally both machines are on Windows 7 64 bit and both use TalkTalk as the ISP

Great, thanks for all that info!
And both of the computers are using the same configuration for thunderbird/talktalk email? Same ports for SMTP and POP?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Very strange, would you be interested in additional services for a remote screen sharing session so I can take a look at the configuration on the laptop and try to get it working for you? If I can't get it done you can definitely request a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I would be happy to have a remote screen session with you, but I'm not sure how I can contact you on the laptop when email doesn't work! I am sending this on my desktop. I presume I can reach via Firefox. If so, what is you URL?

Is internet working at all?
If so I can provide the link and you can type it in directly on your laptop
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. All Wi-Fi functions are working normally, including Firefox which is the browser I always use

OK please accept the offer and I will send instruction on how to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on my desktop at the moment. The problem is with the laptop. Please tell me when you propose to instruct me how to contact you on the laptop and allow us to negotiate a time and date.Please remember the time difference My current time is 16:00 hrs

Thanks for that info, so I am typically available from 9:00 to 16:00 my time. It is currently 13:45 my time. You would just need to access this chat on your laptop. You can do so by going to www.justanswer.com and finding your question. Please let me know if you need help with this. I will be available for about 2 more hours today, otherwise we could reconnect at 16:00hrs tomorrow your time if you prefer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

16:00 hrs on Tuesday May 19th would suit me.

Sounds great, I will be in touch with you then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I meant 16:00 hrs MY time. Are you available now?

Yes, I am available. Are you on your laptop now?
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c363e5e5-db5c-47a8-9f45-742ab36d5f12
Please go to the link above ^^ and follow the instructions on how to connect.
Glad we got it working! Positive rating would greatly be appreciated!