Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I own and use a Humax recorder, model number PVR-9300T, purchased

I own and use a Humax recorder, model number PVR-9300T, purchased in 2010 which has been very good but is now a bit unreliable and I am intending to purchase it's up to date equivalent in the near future.
However, there are a few BBC classical music programs recorded which I would be very sad to lose - one in particular which featured a girls' choir whose numbers included a family member- and I wonder if you can tell me if, and how, I can save these to a disc. I do not currently have a DVD recorder, and I think I'm correct in saying they are not available i n the Humax range, but your suggestions on this would also be appreciated.
Many thanks. *****
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The issue is the recorders have no method to write the recording externally to another device.
If the recording is very important, the only real solution is to use a video camera recorder (even one on a smartphone) then play the recording on the TV and record it on the Video camera recorder which would then allow you to save this to a DVD. But for this device its the way to get the recording to a DVD.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. But surely, if the recorder can send signals to the TV, how come it can't send signals to another recorder?

I have to confess I'm not computer savvy! - I'm 82 years old -but would appreciate your further comments

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its no problem Paul,
Because the TV tunes to the signal, and the recorder reads this tuned signal from the TV.