Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My gmail page was changed a few weeks ago to MyWay without

Customer Question

My gmail page was changed a few weeks ago to MyWay without any explanation.
This has resulted in frequent difficulty in reaching regular contacts eg banks, insurance. airline booking etc.I wish to return to the previous arrangement where frequent contacts were provided on the gmail page. How can I do go back to the previous system.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows xp.

I would be glad of a support session

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4d49dccc-364c-45cc-aa2c-c990fb53ddd0

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://tinyurl.com/lcvcx2w

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not able to connect with you despite following all the instructions

I'm sorry. What is your internet / browser program, such as Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or Chrome, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chrome

Please try the following fix:

- In Chrome, click on the 3-bar menu at the upper right corner, then click on Settings

, then select the option Open the New Tab page. That should work.

Another solution: In Chrome, click on the 3-bar menu at the upper right corner, then click on Settings

, then move your mouse to the myway item (the bad item, then click on the x icon on the right of it to remove move

, then type google.com in the box, then click OK, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

If it still does not work, please try:
- In Chrome, please click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on Settings
, then scroll down to the bottom, then click on "Show advanced settings" if shown
, then scroll down to the bottom, then click on Refresh... (or Reset...) and confirm
, then check

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did mange to get back to previous google page with frequent contacts and not MyWay.

This change was made by Google without any warning or consent.

I have now to pay to remove this change made by Google and restore the previous system.

I'm sorry. I'm not affiliated with Google. I'm an independent computer support technician.

Also, this change was not made by Google; this change was made by MyWay. MyWay is not a product of Google, so Google would not want to do that. Google wants you to use Google products only. So the issue was that you clicked on a bad website and allowed MyWay to install on your computer.

Please let me know if you have any further question or issue. Thank you.